Joel B. Frankel, DMD
As the son of a dentist, I gained an appreciation for my father's academic accomplishments and proudly followed in his footsteps by joining the dental field. I believe an individual’s oral health is directly related to their overall health, providing optimal function and an increased sense of confidence. Nothing is more rewarding than seeing a patient smile after their treatment is complete. Seeing their joy and appreciation for the quality of work we do is the best part of my job.
Education and Experience
- Atlantic City High School, 1998
- Bachelor of Arts degree — University of Pennsylvania, 2002
- Doctorate of Dental Medicine — University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2006
- Certificate in Periodontics and Periodontal Prosthetics — University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine, 2010
I believe that we are all lifelong students; therefore, I participate in many forms of continuing education and travel to conferences to gain the latest knowledge and insight into dental technology. It is always my goal to exceed the expectations of my patients. In addition, I teach current dental students at the University of Pennsylvania.
My passion for the profession led me to earn additional certifications, most notably becoming a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology. I am also an active member of the:
- American Academy of Periodontology
- American Dental Association
- New Jersey Dental Association
- Atlantic-Cape May County Dental Society
Outside the Office
I was born and raised in Margate and was happy to move back home after graduating from my residency program. Growing up, I was a lifeguard on the Atlantic City Beach Patrol for 9 years. I was also a member of the Varsity Lightweight and Varsity Heavyweight Crew teams while in college at the University of Pennsylvania. My joys outside of the office include spending quality time with family and friends, working out, playing sports, cheering for all Philadelphia sports teams, reading, and cooking.